What Personal Information We Collect & How It Is Used
You have complete control over your Personal Information. In general, you can visit our Web site without providing us with any Personal Information. However, to use certain features of our Web site, such as our mailing lists or text alerts, you must provide us with information such as your name, email address, street address and telephone number. We generally collect this information on our registration forms when you sign up to receive services from or optionally participate in certain aspects of our Web site. We may also collect information from optional online surveys, such as age, gender and income level. We do not knowingly collect any information from anyone under 18 years of age, and reserve the right to reject any Personal Information submitted by (and refuse certain services or access to certain Web site features to) anyone known to us to be under 18 years of age. We collect IP addresses, browser types and anonymous demographic information (such as zip codes), and may use this data for system administration, troubleshooting, and to examine overall traffic trends. Anonymous demographic information may be shared with advertisers and market researchers on an aggregate basis. We use Personal Information you provide to us to provide you with information about us and some of our partners and third party companies in which you have expressed an interest, and to contact you when necessary.
Our Web site may use a cookie, a small data file stored on your computer, to customize portions of our site to your preferences. The cookie by itself doesn't tell us, or anyone else, who you are, what your email address is, or anything else personal. If you choose to set your browser to reject all cookies, please understand that you may have limited access to some of the areas and functionalities of our Web site.
If at any time you wish to stop receiving correspondence for which you have previously registered, you may request removal of your Personal Information from our database at any time by sending us your email address using the link at the top of this page.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Others
In some cases, and only with your advance permission, we will share Personal Information with third party companies who may offer products or services in which we believe you may be interested. We may also share Personal Information with third parties with whom we partner to co-promote and administer contests on our Web site. Additionally, we may need to disclose your Personal Information when required by law and where we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process served on us or our Web site. We may also share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activity, or to prevent imminent bodily harm. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, courts or other government entities.
Limited Right of Use/Ownership of Contents
The contents of the Web site are intended for the personal, noncommercial use of its users. All materials published on the Web site (the "Contents") are protected by copyright, trademark and all other applicable intellectual property laws, and are owned or controlled by LADID or the other party credited as the provider of such Contents.
We reserve the right to republish any material contributed by our readers. By posting a message in any public area of the Web site or submitting any correspondence to us, you expressly grant us a global nonexclusive license to publish, reproduce, sell, disclose, distribute or use such material for any purpose whatsoever. You hereby further grant us the global nonexclusive right to use any ideas, concepts or techniques embodied in such materials for any purpose whatsoever. In addition, you hereby waive any and all moral rights you may have in any such materials. Further, you hereby authorize us to edit and otherwise modify any such material prior to our use, publication, distribution, sale, reproduction or disclosure thereof. All such material will be deemed to be provided to us on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis. Material that is copyright protected may not be submitted without permission from the copyright owner, and you are solely responsible for the failure to obtain any such permission. The Web site shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to refuse, delete or move any Content.
Modifications to the Site
We reserve the right from time to time to make modifications and changes to the Web site, including but not limited to discontinuing, temporarily or permanently, any service offered by us or through the web site, with or without notice. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any other party for any changes and modifications to the Web site.
Your Representations & Warranties
You understand that all postings, messages, text, files, images, photos, or other materials ("Content") posted on, transmitted through, or linked from the Site, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. More specifically, you are entirely responsible for each individual item of Content that you post.
Limitation of Liability
You expressly understand and agree that your use of the Web site is at your sole risk. The services provided through the Web site are provided on an "as is," "as available," basis. We expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
We make no warranty that any service provided through the Site will (i) meet any of your requirements, (ii) be timely, secure, uninterrupted or free from error or omission, (iii) provide results or information that will be useful, accurate or reliable, nor that any errors in the operation of the site, including the operation of any software, will be corrected.
We hereby expressly disclaim any responsibility for the content and policies of any third-party Web site which may be linked to the site. Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the site is done at your own risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or any component connected thereto, or loss of data that results from the download (intentional or otherwise) of any such material.
You expressly understand and agree that LADID, Central City East Association, and the City of Los Angeles shall not be liable to you for any damages arising out of or related to your use of the Web site or the services provided through the site, whether such damages are direct, indirect, accidental or otherwise, including but not limited to lost profits, lost savings, lost opportunity, lost sales, loss of goodwill or reputation, or any other intangible loss, and whether arising under theories of contract, tort or otherwise, and regardless of whether LADID, Central City East Association, and the City of Los Angeles have been advised of the possibility of such losses.
1. Responsible conduct. You agree to act responsibly at this site and to treat other visitors with respect.
2. Limited License/Copyright and Intellectual Property Law Restrictions. Except for public domain material, the content on this site is protected by intellectual property laws, including U.S. copyright laws. You are hereby granted a non-exclusive license to use the material at this Web site ("Content") while connected to this Web site (including, where available, to email individual stories to friends directly from this Web site). You are also granted a limited license to print one copy of any Content posted at the Web site, but only for your personal use. Except as expressly provided above, all rights are reserved. Among other things, except to the extent required for the limited purpose of reviewing material on our site, electronic reproduction, adaptation, distribution, performance or display is prohibited. Changes to or deletion of author attribution or copyright notices are prohibited. Commercial use of any of the Content is strictly prohibited. Use of any of our trademarks as metatags on other web sites also is strictly prohibited. You may not display this Web site in frames (or any of the Content via in-line links) without our express written permission, which may be requested by contacting us. You may, however, establish ordinary links to our site without our written permission.
3. Links. We may provide links from our Web site to other Web sites as a convenience to our visitors. We have no control over linked Web sites and make no representations about any content or material available at these locations. Links are not intended to imply sponsorship, affiliation or endorsement.
4. Self-publishing Software. Although we do not have any obligation to monitor self-publishing third-party software services or self-published content, we reserve the right at all times to remove any information or materials that are unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, indecent or otherwise objectionable to us in our sole discretion and to disclose any information necessary to satisfy the law, regulation, or government request. We also reserve the right to permanently block any user who violates these terms and conditions.
5. Disclaimer of Warranties. You expressly agree that use of this Web site is at your sole risk. There is no warranty that your access to or use of this site will be uninterrupted or error free; or that any particular results may be obtained by use of this Web site. This Web site is made available on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or otherwise, other than those which are implied by and incapable of exclusion, restriction or modification under the laws applicable to this agreement. Neither we nor any other person or entity providing content via this Web site shall be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages.
6. Modifications/Termination. The terms of this agreement will not be modified on an individual basis. You agree that we may modify the terms of this agreement (or discontinue this Web site) in our sole discretion, without advance notice, and that your right to access this Web site is conditioned on an ongoing basis with your compliance with the then-current version of these Terms and Conditions. You should therefore visit this page frequently.
7. Jurisdiction. This Web site is hosted on servers located in the United States. In the event of any dispute arising out of or relating to this site, you agree that the exclusive venue for litigating disputes shall be in state or federal court in Los Angeles, California.